How Do I Change The Low Beam Headlight on my 09' Accord EX

SammyG54
0

Asked by SammyG54 Apr 03, 2010 at 04:28 PM about the 2009 Honda Accord EX

Larry Quigley
5,940

You can try this http://www.fixya.com/cars/t4431055-remove_headlight_bulb_from_2009_accord

soulfulpsy
10

Mine is a 2003, so I cannot verify that all is the same. Nonetheless, here is what I've learned: I've done the low beam on both sides of my 2003 Honda Accord EX V6. The passenger side is easily accessible from the top. Press hard on the bottom of the white clip and keep gently tugging. It will release eventually. Then turn the old light 1/4 turn counter clockwise, and remove it. Insert new bulb at the same angle you removed the old one, 1/4 turn clockwise and it snaps in place. Replace the wire until the clip snaps and you are done. Nothing else needs to be removed, no screws, nothing. On the driver's side, you will need to remove the battery and any holding case. This guy is accessible, but only barely. Smaller fingers help; I also used some WD. But the actions are the same: Push in the bottom of the white clip on the wire, tug firmly until is pops off. Then the same instructions for removal and replacement of the bulb. I was careful to wipe all surfaces I could reach to make sure nothing with oil or silicon would touch the new bulb's surface. Everything on this side was hampered due to the small area; reconnecting the wire was the biggest of the challenges. But don't remove the screws in the lamp assembly and forget removing any other parts of the front.

Soncal
10

Fortunately, I still have the owner's manual of my Honda Accord EX v6 2003. In the glossary index under "Lights", I found the instructions on all bulbs replacement. I just did replace my low beam passenger side bulb. It took me around 15 minutes to do it.