Had the heater core replaced im my 2009 Jeep liberty 4x4 sport.

mtnweathergirl
0

Asked by mtnweathergirl Jul 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM about the 2009 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD

the heater core was replaced one week ago in my 2009 jeep liberty 4x4 sport.  I originally thought it had only leaked down the passenger side, but as ot turned out, it was much worse on the drivers side. The carpet was soaked with coolant, etc..... About how long does it take for the carpeting to dry?  I leave the jeep in the garage, with the foot carpet out and off of the bottom carpet everyday in the garage.  Sometimes it feels dry, then after I drive, it feels damp agian  Any suggestions??  You were right with the other problems, thank you for all your hel[

68,245

Are you sure it's coolant and not plain water? If it is coolant it might be some residual from the heater core leak and change. Mop up as much as you can and check it everyday to see if it gets worse. Also mark the level of the coolant in the expansion tank and see if it is getting lower. If it is, then your heater core wasn't installed properly and leaking.

68,245

Now that I think about it, you should just take it back to the garage that replaced the heater core and have them look at your issue, they should make good on their work.