Heater Core?

mtnweathergirl
0

Asked by mtnweathergirl Jul 15, 2012 at 05:37 PM about the 2009 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD

Thanks for the other answer.  Now I think my 2009 Liberty 4x4 has a heater core gone?  Not only does it smell inside the car, but has like an oily stain on the side of the passenger side under the dash on the carpet, plus a wet spot under the foot carpet.  And, on my way home this afternoon, car is starting to over heat?  Have nothing leaking onto the ground though?  What do you think, and what does this cost to repair????? Thanks

119,205

It does sound like your heater core is leaking, to replace you or your mechanic will need to remove the dash to replace. You'll also need to replace the hoses that connect to it via the engine compartment. Figure $700-$900 becuase of all the labor involved. Get an estimate from a few shops first, and to verify the heater core is leaking and not your A/C evap line.