Gas Milage

armyveteran6
0

Asked by armyveteran6 Sep 30, 2013 at 05:11 PM about the 2009 Dodge Charger SXT

Okay- so I drive 90 miles to and from work five days a week.  I use a smidge over a quarter tank of gas in one day.  I do not run air, it is not crazy windy outside, and I go mostly 72 miles an hour the whole way.  Yes-I get regular oil changes and pay close attention to my tire pressure and she has 80,000+ miles.  Should I be concered with  getting a new fuel filter and spark plugs?  Could it possibly be something else I have not thought of?  I don't want to pay someone $75.00+ an hour to trouble shoot for me or go ahead with something that is not needed any help would be welcome.

Fordtudor37
3,235

The older the auto is, the more fuel it will use as time and mileage break things down and they wear out. Fuel filters are always a good investment because it protects the engine but really has nothing to do with gas mileage. A tune up always helps the engine perform better, but remember what I said about time and mileage as a whole.