Tire inflation warning light won't go off

janhwrd
0

Asked by janhwrd Oct 10, 2012 at 03:09 PM about the 2009 Toyota Prius Touring

I filled the tires up when it came on, but now the warning light won't go off.  The tires look fine and and not low.  Does it have to be reset or something?

DavidH25

Yes, it has a re-set button. Problem is for me (and you I guess) I don't know where it is on that particular vehicle, but any tire shop will know where it is and should simply do it for you. If they want to charge you money to do that simple thing, tell them to (censored) and go to another tire shop. Most will do it for free

TupeloMS
630

Turn the ignition switch to "ON" without starting the engine. Press and hold the TPMS reset button located below the steering wheel. Release the button after the low-pressure light blinks three times. Leave the ignition turned on for 20 minutes so the computer can calibrate each sensor. Turn the ignition off after 20 minutes.

DavidH25

TupelsMS's answer is better than mine. I had the right idea but he filled in the blanks that I didn't know. Good Day fellas.

John Leone
5,845

DON'T FORGET, the tpms on the Prius acknowledges a difference of 3 pounds.and should be inflated to i think 36 psi (or close)...completely deflate all of them, 4 or 5 if you have one SPARE TOO!!!!!, then re-inflate them, that manually resets them, then drive for around 3 miles over 15 miles an hour. that reactivates the sensor, if that doesn't do it, message me

Paha
30

I have the same problem on my 2007 Nissan XTERA. Where is the TPMS button on my car? Thanks!!?