I am replacing the car battery. After power up, how do I go about resetting the steering angle sensor neutral position?

Del1419
0

Asked by Del1419 Mar 22, 2013 at 07:39 PM about the 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S

Can this be done with a card reader? All the other power reset items I think I can do (Power windows, Audio etc)

18,095

If you are worried about the loss of stored information in your cars computer system there is a tool that you can buy that plugs into the 12 volt power port or lighter that uses a 9 volt battery to help the computer memory stay alive during a battery replacement. Most parts stores have them. Hope this helps.

Del1419
0

Thank you. I didn't know that-very helpful!

Robert Lavallee
1,225

You need to use a consult 3 to reset the steering angle sensor (dealer) but I've never ran into this on any cars just the trucks unless there's a problem with it and the trucks usually just have to be driven and the vdc light will go away. everything else you can reset like the auto up windows just hold up all the way and you'll hear a click in the switch and keep holding while counting to 5 and that turns the auto up back on.