Instrument cluster and CD player stopped working in 2005 Ford Escape

Tom Kohlman
0

Asked by Tom Mar 13, 2012 at 04:20 PM about the 2005 Ford Escape XLT

Yesterday, I was in a hurry to jump start my car because I was late to pick someone up at a bus station. When I connected the negative jumper, it sparked a little. Didn't think anything of it until I cranked the engine and the tach needle didn't move. Turns out the entire instrument panel besides the airbag light was dead, as was my CD player. I'm assuming I blew a fuse while jumping it. Does anyone have any input on which fuse it would be, or if I damaged it in some other way? Thank you for your time.

Dave Pegg
115

We had same problem in our '02 Escape. I traced it to a relay - by the drivers feet in our model. A square black one in the middle of the panel. Our relay had a yellow diagonal line across it. $20 Canadian from Ford. Hope this helps.