Dramatic increase in gas consumption

rbcross
0

Asked by rbcross Apr 02, 2012 at 07:14 AM about the 2009 Saab 9-3 2.0T xWD

Have a 2009 9-3 xwd. While mileage was never outstanding, it has gone to hell recently. This started at about 50k (35000 miles) and is getting worse daily. The "dealer" offers no help, despite still being under"warranty". Any ideas?  Bob C

aztec626bf
6,955

Your vehicle is rated at 16/26 city/hwy. If your getting substantially less than that and the dealer offers no help contact a Regional Rep. for SAAB in your area. I have never worked with SAAB customer service, but have for other auto manufactures and once you do the dealer has a whole new interest in keeping you happy. When you talk to Rep. I would have figures and number handy and supporting documents such as fuel receipts and mileages.

Jan Fosen
325

have you tried to use "Tuneap" in the casoline tank and drive the car with not less then 3000 rpm for 1 hour with hot enginee? If not, you should do this to clean up the fuel injectors and other parts inside the enginee ( will save a lot of fuel! ) . Also when was the last service on the enginee? Have you checked the air filter ? if its dirty / full of leafs and so on the fuel rate will increase.

aztec626bf
6,955

Good point/points maybe I mistakenly assumed all the basic tuneup items were done already. Definitely try a comprehensive tuneup first.