whats the best wheel size for VW 09 Rabbit 15" 16" or 17" ?

vik_svt
0

Asked by vik_svt Feb 23, 2012 at 08:18 PM about the 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit 4-door

Price is not an issue. I have 15" wheels and they don't look that good. I am thinking of getting 16" or 17" wheels, as they would look good. But I am not sure if having bigger wheels may cause the vehicle will handle/steer differently (worse than 15"). I don't want to compromise on drive quality vehicle steerabiliy etc. Can the experts advise?

lstein
265

check with VW dealer for the authorized wheel sizes. Couple of issues to consider. Make sure the wheels fit over the brakes. If you are driving in winter snow, smaller, narrow wheels handle much, much better. In the summer larger, wider tires handle better. Many folks, myself included, have dedicated winter and summer tires and have them mounted on seperate rims so you can easily swap them out for each season

Alexander Robertson
65

16

Vignessh Raveekumaran
5

15 is the best size!!!

Michael Perfeito
145

If you lower the car, it will make the wheels look much better.

Dusty Hirsch
15

WHAT!?!? Dude, if you want an agressive Euro style look you need atleast 17", if I were to do it over again I definitely would have gotten 18" There is no problems with clearance, hell the MKV R32 came w/ 18" OEM.

Scott Sr.
1,755

Check the view from the back... see how the tires don't quite extend out to the lip of the fender? OEM wheels are offset to do that..keeps cars from slinging too much crap on the car behind you... forget those losers! Minimum 18" (unless you absolutely have to run snow tires)...also talk to a wheel specialist to find an offset that would move the wheels out to the limit of the fender (you can even have the fender lip rolled to increase clearance)...this will increase the track of the car and improve handling...now, do we wanna talk about adjustable sport suspensions?

Alexander Robertson
65

18s