i used the emergency brake now it feels the back brakes are grabbing and also feels like all the brakes are to the front and none to the back

tonyblank
0

Asked by tonyblank Dec 05, 2012 at 07:43 AM about the 2009 Chevrolet Impala LT

car feels free in reverse but grabbing in drive.

12,875

Emergency brakes are stuck. It feels ok in reverse because of the gear ratio of reverse. You can take a manual trans car and drive all over the place in reverse with the emergency brake set, and not worry about stalling the car. Do not drive it like this, have it towed. If you drive it like this the brakes will overheat causing the wheel bearings to overheat. When the wheel bearings overheat it will liquify the grease inside causing the wheel bearings to prematurely fail. There are quite a few other things the heat can ruin including all the brake parts.

Rucko
2,275

lube up the parking brake cables or replace them .

Best Answer
GMCustomerService
1,335

Hello tonyblank, I apologize for the issue you are having with your Impala and would be glad to research your VIN to see if there are any recalls, special coverages or issues related to the problem you're experiencing. If so, please private message me your name, last 8-digits of your VIN, current mileage and a contact number where you can be reached. My email address is socialmedia@gm.com, ATTN: Vanessa in the subject line. Best regards, Vanessa GM Customer Service

John Leone
3,845

sometimes going in reverse, and tapping the brake while moving, will release them...