Po404 code on 2009 equinox

Johnny Nitro
0

Asked by Johnny Mar 06, 2014 at 10:35 AM about the 2009 Chevrolet Equinox LS

Intermittent traction control
light.with electronic EGR valve.I
have removed valve and
cleaned.fixed problem for a few
days, now the light comes on
and off again. Also have set a
CO561 code inABS
system.should I replace the EGR
valve to cure problem+??????

David Scott
335

We have an 07 equinox and get an egr code sometimes usually after my wife takes it for an oil change. There is a hard plastic tube that runs from the air filter box to the valve cover on the firewall side of the engine driver's side. This tube has been snapped off numerous times once it is hooked back up and we clear the code it goes away. I wish I could remember exactly what code it is. But I would reccommend checking that tube first