Change 2nd row bench into captain's seats

Jen Hurley
0

Asked by Jen Oct 14, 2012 at 08:51 AM about the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LT1 4WD

I am looking to change my 2nd row bench seat into captain's seats (2009 LT charcoal/ebony fabric).  Has anyone done this successfully and if so, how do I go about doing this?  

edweebo
55

If tahoes ever came factory wth captain seats the holes should already be there under the carpet they'd just be covered with metal tape. Thats what I found out about an explorer when I added factory third row seats to it. You could also take out the carpet set the seats where you want them, mark the holes with a sharpie and look underneath the floor to make sure you're not drilling holes into anything that doesn't need holes. They also make drillbit stops so you don't drill to far past the sheet metal.

JPJ
0

I have a 2007 Tahoe with captain's seats (black leather) and I'm looking to replace them with a 2nd row bench seat. Are you willing to trade? I'm in Houston. I found an auto upholstery shop that will trade them out.

UV
0

Hey JPJ, I have a 2011 Tahoe with black second row bench seats, if your seats are in good condition, I'll trade with you. I'm in Dallas.

Fred Lawton III
0

Hey JPJ if you are still looking for a bench seat, i have black leather and I'm willing to trade it for captain seats. It's in good condition. Email me at FFLawton@yahoo.com If interested.

rar
0

I have a 2009 tahoe with 2nd row black leather captain seats I'm looking for a 60/40 bench looking to trade, if any of you guys have a lead or interested let me know please I'm located in Houston.

Msanders55
10

I have a 2008 Tahoe with black leather 60/40 2nd row bench looking to trade for leather captain chairs. 832-444-4322 live in Pasadena, tx

You think this is helpful.
venum306
0

I have 2nd row bench in my 2008 tahoe LTZ in black leather that I'm looking to trade for captains seats. I'm in jackson, ms.

Xavier Espinoza
0

I have a 2012 tahoe with 2nd row black leather 2nd row bench, I am In Arizona looking to trade for black leather captain chairs, please call Xavier @ (520) 36five-62fivefour

ChrisnShirl
0

I have an 08 with light grey leather willing to swap with bench for both middle and 3rd row

antonio0112
15

I have an 07 tahoe with 2nd row bench seat light gray and would love to trade someone with same color captain seats?

Chris N Shirl Reimer
10

Antonio do u have both 2nd and 3rd row bench? My 2nd and 3rd row are both captains seats and prefer to make it an 8 passenger

Alan Ramirez
20

i have a 2013 Tahoe with 2nd and 3rd row bench in black...want to trade for captain seats...located in southern California 90955nine959nine

antonio0112
15

Chris, what color are your seats?

Chris N Shirl Reimer
10

Light Grey, where are u located?

antonio0112
15

Covington, GA. about 30 min from ATL. I noticed you want both 2nd and 3rd bench. I'm looking to only swap the 2nd row bench for captain's, if that's ok?

awllmorgan
0

I have badge captain seats looking to trade for 2 and row bench same color

L_Roscoe
5

I have an 04 Chevy Tahoe with light gray leather. Anyone want to trade the second row bench seat for a pair of captain seats of the same color? I'm in the Phoenix area.

juanakuza
0

I have a 2009 tahoe with 2nd row black leather captain seats I'm looking for a 2 row bench Black 60/40 bench looking to trade, if any of you guys have a lead or interested let me know please I'm located in California (Los Angeles) .562-587-2670

scotch1974
10

Looking to trade a second row bench seat ( grey ) for 2nd row captains in grey 2011 Tahoe.

scotch1974
10

60 /40

scotch1974
10

In Dallas Texas

V65MAGNA
0

I've got grey second row 60/40 bench and third row bench. wanting to trade for captains. I'm in El Paso, Texas.

V65MAGNA
0

^ That's on a 2007 Tahoe by the way.

Thomas Miller
0

I have a 2003 Tahoe tan leather captains chairs . outstanding condition. Looking to trade for a bench seat. In Colorado 970-765- 6565 Tom

Blueridgemedia
0

Have 2011 tahoe light grey captains 2nd row. Looking to trade for light grey bench for 2nd row. Located in western North Carolina (Asheville).

Blueridgemedia
0

Leather BTW - '11 z71 tahoe

V65MAGNA
0

How much to ship seats?

Blueridgemedia
0

Where are you located? - not really looking to ship would rather do a hand-off if you have light grey bench seat 2007-2014 in great condition

V65MAGNA
0

Yeah same here kind of worried about worse case scenario with trading by means of shipping. No offense of course. Im down in new mexico but will travel to Arkansas around the holidays.

V65MAGNA
0

Are you on TahoeYukonForum.com ? We can message through there.

Rbuzz
0

08' Tahoe: I have 60/40 pewter (lighter beige color) leather 2nd row bench looking to trade with captains. Mobile, Al

Rbuzz
0

Above post contact is busby6552@yahoo.c

tashina
0

2009 chevy tahoe lt with bench seats. looking to trade my 2nd row bench seat for captains chairs. Black/ebony

Rydersmom
0

Does anyone know what is actually involved in this swap? I have been told the bolt patterns are different...is this true and if so can the swap still be made?

Rydersmom
0

Tashina where are you? I have black captain's chairs and want bench.

tashina
0

Are they leather or fabric? Or leather? I have the ebony fabric. Im in Tacoma. Wbu?

Rydersmom
0

Black Leather and i'm in SC...

JL77
25

Looking to trade 08' Suburban - 2nd Row Black Leather Bench Seat - Excellent Condiiton - for Captain Chairs, Same Color and Condition. Located in SC. THANKS!

Rydersmom
0

JL77 , Not sure if the hubby is on board with this yet. I'll let you know.The dealer told him it was different bolt patterns, yet others say they did it no problem....I'll let you know

Mkj08
0

I have a 2010 Tahoe with light grey bench seat second row, looking to trade for captain chairs

Jakeg76
0

I have a 60/40 black leather bench 07' model. Will trade for captian chairs of the same color and material Jakeglesn@gmail.com

thetideman
0

I have a 60/40 grey in a 2009 Tahoe. Looking for captains..need to be heated and power lift. Central Alabama.

ajorodgers
0

@v65magna and rbuzz I have captains in your color and want to trade! Still available? I'm n Houston

V65MAGNA
0

@Ajorodgersyes i still got the grey bench seat for 07 tahoe. Do you have grey captains?

Rydersmom
0

@JL77 I ended up buying a bench seat (got a great deal) and am keeping the captains chairs as well so I can switch out when I want. Thanks and good luck.

ajorodgers
0

Yes I do. I mean, I assume they're gray/beige. Here's my email. Please contact me so I can send pics. Thx! Ajorodgers@yahoo.com

ajorodgers
0

@Rydersmom where did you buy one? New? I'm hell bent to find anything!

Jamesthompson1025
0

Do any of you have a black Ebony leather second row bench to trade for my captain chairs? 07 Yukon

KatieGibson
0

I have 2nd row captains seats that came out of an 03 gmc yukon denali for sale. They are gray leather. Really good condition. They will fit in tahoes, suburbans, n yukons years 2003-2006. Anyone interested in buying them? Near Phoenix, AZ 928-369-6808