Where is the 'Camshaft Position Sensor' located on a 09' Chevy HHR?

DeBo13
295

Asked by DeBo13 Jun 18, 2013 at 09:04 AM about the 2009 Chevrolet HHR LT1

Where is the  "Camshaft Position Sensor"  located on a 09' Chevy HHR? I understand this part will cause the 'Check Engine Light' to come on and off!

scottaoswalt
10

don't have an answer I wouldn't ask

Susan Gleeson
0

Good question! Mine is bad and my mechanic said I must take it to the dealer as it's a terrible job and he didn't want to do it. There is one located at the front of the engine compartment that looks to me, easy enough to switch out but perhaps there is more than one?? What do I know, I'm a girl :(

DeBo13
295

Hi Susan, You are right! There are 2 sensors and it is the one in the front of the engine that I found needed to be replaced. I went to Advanced Auto and bought a new one for $67.00 and put it in myself in under 1/2 hour. For the first few days, the Check Engine light was still on even after they cleared the code. But after that and driving it about 100 miles or so, it started to go on and off while driving. Now, 2 weeks later, it hasn't come on at all. This front sensor is for the 'Camshaft Position Sensor' as well as for the 'Tracking Control' and my problem started when I used the tracking control button on the dash just to try it. The 'Back Sensor', behind the engine, is for fuel mixture and emissions. This is the hard one to get at and usually doesn't cause a problem to alert the Check Engine Light to come on! As for you, being just a girl, lol, I have to give you credit on searching out this problem and want to "Thank You" for your response and getting back to me... ;-) ..... But I, being just a guy, lol, now have the experience on this installation and can probably do this job again in less that 15 minutes...! lol {The hardest part of this replacement was getting out the little grey clip that holds the plug into the sensor.} Now I have another question? What is that little metal hook loop on the floor in front of the drivers seat for? Do you have one there? Thanks Again, and Wishing You All the Best, Don De Bo

Melvin Franklin
20

to hold your floor mat in place

DeBo13
295

Thanks Melvin! Now I know for sure.....

ruphboy
0

I have had to replace each on my 2006 HHR. Took about 1/2 hour for the front one, as it is easy to get to, but the rear one I had to remove the air cleaner and it was difficult to get to. Took about an hour to do and get reassembled.

Shannan Slifka
0

The hook is to hold the cheesy floor mats that came with the car

Alicia Tasby
10

Where is the map sensor located for a 2008 hhr