2009 Saturn Aura XR CODE; C0045

Toad Johnson
0

Asked by Toad Mar 27, 2013 at 09:10 PM about the 2009 Saturn Aura XR

I have a 2009 Saturn Aura XR My ESC and ABS lights came on flashing between the two. I took it into the dealer and they ran a test it came up with the "code" C0045; Left rear speed sensor and pigtail corroded. Is this something I need to get fixed ASAP I'm driving 500 miles for the wknd and back again, and am concerned I need to take care of this asap. The lights have not came on since the one time, although my check engine light has came on a few times since that day. Your thoughts??

judge_roy

C0045 LR Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction could this be right?

Toad Johnson
0

I have the paper work in front of me from the dealer and it says... "code" C0045; Left rear speed sensor and pigtail corroded

45,595

No need for a ASAP repair. It means you don't have ABS braking. You have the regular brakes that all cars had before ABS became standard. There is a chance that it's a dirty electrical contacts so you could try unplugging/plugging in several times to clean them.

judge_roy

replace your pigtail and away she goes-