Is this price for real

libbie62
0

Asked by libbie62 Mar 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM about the 2009 Saturn Aura XE

O.K. So I went to Saturn today about the code PO700 on the 2009 Saturn Aura XE. Was told to bring back tomorrow
because they didn't have enought time. When I asked if it could be the ECM/TCM module was told maybe and that
it may not be covered under powertrain warranty. Won't know until they do their own tests. I asked if these things
were not covered under warranty how much would a module be and was told around 600.00. Is this true? I told
them according to the readinds I have it says the TCM has detected an emission related fault.

28,405

P0700 malfunction with transaxle controls. could be something as simple as the selector switch misadjusted to the control unit going. Hard to say.

22,615

Check your warranty booklet. You may be in for a fight. Some dealers, like my local Chevy dealer, hate doing warranty work. Good luck and please keep us posted. -Jim

22,615

According to what I just read on another site code P0700 is used to direct the repair facility to scan the transaxle control module(TCM). Apparently when the TCM detects a problem with the transmission it sends the P0700 code to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) so the "check engine" light will come on & alert the driver of a problem. Now the TCM must be scanned seperatly to get the code for the transmission problem. HTH. -Jim

59,115

Have the dealer perform the diagnosis to see if it's a warranty item. If they want you to pay, check prices at other shops first. The dealer is the most expensive place to get your car repaired. You know that from the $600 price tag on the ECU. You can get a used one for under $100 that will work just as good.

Greg0Linda2
295

If the trans is working fine and you replace the TCM (thinking it is faulty) and the code persists, then new fluid/filter are needed. This is what happend to my kid sis in her 2008. She had the TCM replaced 1st buy 1 mechanic and had to go to a trans shop to actually fix it. She was told by them that old fluid gets too hot and causes the code problem too.