Code

libbie62
0

Asked by libbie62 Mar 11, 2013 at 01:58 AM about the 2009 Saturn Aura XE

The code that I received for the 2009 Saturn Aura XE is P0700. What does that mean?

mobilecity
85

P0700 SATURN Description: The transaxle Control Module (TCM) monitors the malfunction of sensors and actuators relating to transaxle control. When the TCM detects a malfunction with the control, a signal is send to the Engine Control Module (ECM) to trigger the Engine Light or Service Engine Soon light. The ECM stores the P0700 code and it means the TCM detected a malfunction with the transaxle controls.

45,695

That means your grandson has a problem with the transmission. Take the car in for service. They can read the transmission codes at the shop. --- The backstory is that Libbie's grandson was driving the Saturn, got the CEL and the car wouldn't move. She was advised to get the codes read and AutoZone said it needed a new ECM. Evidently, she has the code number (P0700) and published it.