What kinda upgrades can i make to my g6 gt coupe other than cool air intake to make it more of a performance type car?

jasonrh
40

Asked by jasonrh Apr 23, 2013 at 09:26 PM about the 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe

judge_roy

if it doesn't have one you could opt to a "sport spoiler" if it doesn't have one already. Whatcha tryin' to get to, a side-ways drift look? a south LA look? ready-for-the-track look? faster than the cops look? you've got to steer me on the right track to find the right accessories and your budget too? who could tell you, only you know.

jasonrh
40

Im talking under-the-hood-wise, i want more top speed, more horse power, and...maybe the sideways drift look, but i dont care how much i spend, i just wanna make it faster, i just need to know how cuz i havent rly come across any good info lately

judge_roy

of course these are nissans, not pontiacs....just food for the imagination~

judge_roy

there are Nitro kits out there if you want to get crazy~

jasonrh
40

What if i wanna swap engines? Cuz i want a sleeper, but 3.5 liter just isnt getting it done, but i rly like my g6 but i guess if i cant make it faster i guess i cld at least make it look bad ass, until i get smoked again

William Miller
45

How about a custom exhaust system and a performance chip? http://www.carid.com/pontiac-g6-accessories/

jasonrh
40

Yea i was thinking abt the performance chip and cool air intake, custom exhaust never crossed my mind though, ill be looking for parts this weekend, i appreciate the feedback guys

judge_roy

...regardless will still be stuck in the same traffic-...been tryin' to tell my wife, No matter the Displacement. will be at the mercy of the traffic. Got a helicopter?

jasonrh
40

True, its just something to keep me busy, plus my soon to be ex wife has a decked out 07 civic si and she is in a car club thinks shes the $h!t so i wanna smoke her in something i put together instead of having it handed down lol

judge_roy

in that case I recommend early 70's mopar, with fat tires and 440 hemi~

judge_roy

Dodge Challenger as featured in the movie "vanashing point", or as in "Blue Velvet" or charger as in "Bullit"....any of these smokers would be right dandy~

judge_roy

RWD action. In the American Car tradition (it's what we are good at, get over it Toyota)

Carlos Listo
45

Don't ever get a performance PCM from a guy called Chris over the g6performance forum... he is a scammer, overprize his work and do not stand behind t its service... Try HP Tuners better... also, there is not too much to do to the 3.5 or 3.9 engine. the 3.6 have more potential