2009 Mustang GT

Griml0ck5S
45

Asked by Griml0ck5S Apr 11, 2013 at 09:04 AM about the 2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium

its got a clean carfax except it has 512 miles not accounted for, and is being sold by a deal that makes expensive honda's... car has just under 3000 miles but sat around a long time from 3/12 to 1/2013
any thoughts on believing i can get this car from $23,000 to  ->  20,000 or 19500? or can i bargain for less?

judge_roy

No harm in trying....cash will get you to the 19,500 goal~

judge_roy

my 2006 MINI has only 34,000 miles on it and had nine owners according to carfax---still feel ripped because the CVT transmission is tough, $310/qt for cvt oil paid nearly 14,500 and cargurus is tellin' me it's only worth around $10,000 or so....so really how much does it mean to you is really the question you must ask yourself.~

Griml0ck5S
45

well my goal is a mix of half cash and half loan, and the loan will be through another bank, but if i have the funds and the loan approval, they'll still get their money, but will this affect my chances?

Griml0ck5S
45

i mean i think the chances to get it that low are due to the CarFax, 500 miles unaccounted for and sat for over 9 months.... and the dealer in which it is at is an acura dealer, so even if i had car issues i'd go to my personal mechanic or a Ford dealer, not these guys. thoughts will help the decision. :)

7jimmy7
11,485

carfax sometimes misses or errs ! correction can be requested with carfax, the dealer may not even know this,500 mile is a weekend drive ,if I got a grand off the price for a car like this Id jump at it! assuming its not super high to start with

nosmo
1,595

Dont go any lower than $18500. The seller will think your not seriuse. Try staying away from the asking price and try to convince him by tellling him the is not going to sell if you dont take my deal. Its been sitting for almost a year. Just start saying a bunch of bs so the guy would lower the price.

Griml0ck5S
45

starting price was at 23,999 when it got to the dealer back in january, and since then they lowered it to 22,799. i'll try to see this car in person again, but last time there was a ding in the roof of the car, and if there is its more to my power in negotiating, right? like the mileage goes from 2400 to 2900 in 9 months without being owned by anyone...so questions can arise....then you got the ding in the roof, and then you got 9-10 months that it either sat or something because thats the same time 500 miles got added.... the best deal if i could get this would be for 20K...i mean i got the dealer practically by the balls.

Racer_X
13,585

Hmm? I recently bought a Mazda MX-5 from an Acura Dealer. From what i was told, they acquire many of their non-Honda/Acura cars thru auctions...and they pride themselves on having a large selection of various late model sportscars, including Shelby Mustangs, Bullitt Stangs and regular GT's....Is this Dealer in NJ, by any chance??

Griml0ck5S
45

Racer_X, you are indeed correct, i dont have a prize to give you. haha but i've been eyeballing a car on their lot for a while....and i should have acted faster for a car that left their lot about 2-4 weeks ago. :/ so my next best option is a more recent model and with really low mileage which is something i am looking for and a specific color as well.

Racer_X
13,585

Hold up....are you talking about Bridgewater Acura in Bridgewater, NJ?? If so, I dealt with a Salesman named Obie and the Sales Mgr was Mike Lasky (Both were nice enough to deal with). Was able to negotiate on price even though it was already deeply discounted an had only 1,400 miles on her and was top of the line GT model with Power Hardtop.

Best Answer
Griml0ck5S
45

Yes, thats the Dealer! i will see if he will be in that day if not i'll see what i can do with someone else but i'll see if Obie is there and available.

Griml0ck5S
45

email me your name and information and maybe i can get you a referral credit. Lancer0887@aol.com, i've heard they could give you $50-100 for the referral.

53,345

The car isn't sitting there because it's a good deal. Something is wrong with it. Someone would have bought it long ago. Check it carefully and check it twice. The dealer pays interest on the loan and pay insurance each month on that car. The dealer should be anxious to sell. Either the price is too high or something is wrong with that car.

Griml0ck5S
45

Nothing is wrong with it but if there is, that's why I'll bring the car to my mechanic and have him look over the car. And the dealer isn't touching the loan because that's being handled by a bank. And insurance isn't paid each month for all insurance companies. I know because I can pay insurance once and for the whole next year. And the price isn't too high. A mustang is not really practical. That's why people but them at a time and all over the place. Now is when the mustang season begins. I know because cars I've been watching have been sold and once that,...theyre gone. Winter is over and snow isn't falling until next December if all goes well.

judge_roy

Smell the interior, Smell the exhaust. These are the only two things I need to know about a car.

judge_roy

granted the nose cannot suss out NO2, but will pick up glycol, oily, will know if it's rich, can actually smell the engine in there in some cases, does it smell waxy, full of unburned hydrocarbons...you can tell~

judge_roy

does it smell like pizza, cigars, feet or vomit washed away unsuccessfully with some pine-sol or bleach, anyways abused interior is a tip off to an abused engine~

Griml0ck5S
45

Interior smelled brand new..like never driven or sat in. Car is originally from Georgia so it was near the warm weather. I'll smell the exhaust but I don't anticipate an issue. I will see the car Saturday and figure it out then.

Racer_X
13,585

Hey Griml0ck5S ...It's a small world!! Never thought I'd run into someone on here who is shopping at the same place I bought my car from! IMO, I got an awesome deal...Bought the 2011 MX-5 in July 2012 with 1,410 miles on her for $23k...Brand New, this Grand Touring model with the power hardtop & leather seats would've cost about $32k or more..no problems at all and no regrets, she runs fine and is in pristine condition :) Funny..I went there to replace my old '05 Base Model 350Z that I leased and get a '08 Nissan Z Enthusiast model for the same price, but wasn't nearly as well equipped as the Mazda (she's not as fast, but I always wanted a convertible and she actually handles better too!). It was well worth the 90 minute drive from South Jersey for me ...No one else had a Z for $23k with 6k miles and definitely NOT an MX-5 for the same price with 1,400 miles! FYI: Just e-mailed you, if I an get the referral bonus great...if not, no big deal ..not sure what info you need though....Anyway..here's a link to the car I bought, if you wanna have a look: http://www.bridgewateracura.com/commercial-used/Mazda/2011- Mazda-MX-5+Miata-c799ca840a0d0649002cc04ea3ac2ff6.htm#

Racer_X
13,585

Also, you have a good chance at getting them to lower the price..it's been listed on here for 97 days at the price of $22,799..I remember the salesman telling me that they will discount a car after 30 days, then again at 60 days and now it's been another 30+ days...you might be able to swing $21,799 or $20,799 or so. I doubt $19,500 ....no harm in trying though. I had to push back hard with Mike Lasko to get him to drop it from $24k to $23k on mine. Like I mentioned before, try to work with Obie Nwoye, as he will go to bat for you on the price and won't try to pressure you into buying it.

DavidH25

Bring a pre approved letter of credit with you if you can..and I very much like what tenspeed wrote..not dismissing everybody else but please pay attention to that one. They do have to get rid of inventory, when they have thousands of cars sitting there unsold the parent company really frowns on that inventory is a tremendous amount of money sitting idle. Not good..put it through all its paces and have it checked by 2 different mechanics. It will cost you a few bucks to do that but when you are spending that much money a couple hundred is wise to invest before hand. i repeat, pay attention to tenspeed, something is not right, and the 500~odd miles is suspicious.

DavidH25

Oh and your last sentence, the question: YES you can. or less. a letter of credit, will really show the guy you are a serious buyer with the ability to buy, not just a 'looker'

Racer_X
13,585

I just took a close look at the CarFax (link shown below) and there really may not be a 500 mile discrepancy as you may suspect. The car passed Emissions Inspection at 2,461 miles on 3/10/12 in the State of GA (Registration was renewed on same date). It was offered for sale at 2,973 miles on 1/3/13 (after purchased at Auction), BUT the car was likely still owned and driven by 1st owner during the interim sounds like a reasonable explanation....Thoughts?? http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx? partner=DLR_3&vin=1ZVHT82H195101556&zipCode=

Griml0ck5S
45

well after looking up the at galves and the amount for the car, found out the car for wholesale came out to 21225, but then after returning to the dealer had an issue with the salesman, so i left and no car. even though it was a nice ride, the car had a bad story to it...and after leaving i felt that car had bad karma.....

judge_roy

If a car lets me down (stranded) just once, I make it a point to GET RID of that car so THAT car will NEVER do that to me again, I don't care if it gets a NEW motor, ain't gonna happen on this boy's watch!~