2006 chev colbalt shuts down

stressed
0

Asked by stressed Feb 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM about the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS

when I am driving I will loose power than it shuts down.  I turn the car off and let set for a couple of minutes then it will restart but the check engine light stays on.

45,905

Get the codes read at the parts store to see what system is failing.

Jesse Brouse
595

Go to a local autozone or advance auto parts and have them get the code for you. Although, it could save you the trouble of having to pay $45 for a shop to do it... but a shop has a $6,000 machine while advanced auto has a $60 machine.