additional key

booboo2004
0

Asked by booboo2004 Sep 16, 2009 at 07:41 PM about the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES Sport

it's a blessing... i found this forum...

My car sadly came with only one key entry (with 4bottoms),
dealer will charge $250(key+program.) to get me another one.

what are my options/alternatives?
I am in Alexandria, VA.

Also, missing the car owner's manual, any idea where to get it cheep or better free?

Jason Yake
45

For the manual check ebay....I had to replace my manual due to my husky thinking it was a chew toy.....it was still $50 but it beat the $95 the dealer wanted......as for the key issue you are at the mercy of the Mitsu dealer. FAST keys are all computer programed and you need the dealer exclusive program to access the security systems computer for bonding keys. If you have the steel/fob key it still is a dealer only thing as we own the latest gen Lancer (I own an 08 GTS that I have modified to AWD Turbo) but it is about $100 cheaper than the fast key.....Try calling around to different dealers, one may be cheaper.