My BMW 530xi CD is broken draining the battery

jacktyngs
0

Asked by jacktyngs Oct 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM about the 2007 BMW 5 Series 530xi

Battery being drain while car is off. CD player trying to eject? it  is making a sound?
GPS RADIO AND CD (DVD) are all in one unit. Had to pull power connection to keep car running.
Now I do not have radio nor gps clock .........
How can i just exclude the cd power without effecting the other electronics?
with 125,000 mile do not want to put big money into car.

Robert Charlson
2,185

Now which drive is giving you the issue cd or the navigation dvd drive? You can as stated above removed just the cd drive. But I wouldn't recommend that because what is most likely causing the drain is the actual mother board on the CIC (car information computer). Just because you unplug the cd drive doesn't mean that the CIC is still not causing the rest of the car to wake up from sleep mode and causing your drain. I hate to say it but you will need to replace the unit which is of course expensive. You can try to find a used one with same option and same vehicle that way you wont have to have it programmed to your vehicle, but with used there a chance the used part will do the same thing. Good luck hope this helps.

John Leone
3,845

stupid q here: is there a disc stuck, or the button seem stuck? If you remove the fuse, for a day or 2, will the battery remain, or still drain? how quick will the battery die, over night, or an hour or so? (determines the size of battery draw), you can always remove the positive battery cable, and hold it to the negative terminal of the battery (neg. still connected) for 30 seconds or so, this draining all the extra voltage from the computers and resetting all of them. Because if you continue to jump start the car, you will ruin the battery for good.....let me know, if I can help more..

vaznoni1
0

I actually have the same issue in my car. When it is off - you can hear this awful clicking sound but I haven't had it drain my battery yet. Guess I should get that checked out before it does!