engine won't start

mikek
35

Asked by mikek May 09, 2012 at 03:23 AM about the 1988 Lincoln Mark VII Bill Blass

Only get 1 click at solenoid and starter will not engage.neg.side of battery sparked before problem started

Peter Nichols
1,805

well mikek , I'll bet you there's some form of corrosion around that lose negative batt terminal . And I also bet that if you go ahead and clean the posts on battery ,check the water level , USE ONLY DIISTILLED H2O FROM THE ORIGINAL JUG ... AND FILL TO INDICATED LEVEL .Now before we connect the batt terminals wer'er gonna hook up the batt charger and zap that 'ole half dead battery back to the living (indicated charge level of 15 to sixteen volts while charging with charger would be a good indicator to me that the batt was happy again ) I don't know if your gonna like any of this but it's the best lie I can tell in a pinch ...