Performance Upgrades

BillG714
0

Asked by BillG714 Jun 06, 2009 at 01:39 PM about the 2008 Infiniti M35 Base

I love my M35S. It's rated at 290HP and I would like to get it up around 350HP without spending a fortune. I see Cold Air intake kits (+10HP), performance chips
up to (+50HP) exhaust systems did'nt say HP inctrease. Can anybody tell me if these work, are the chips as easy to put in as they say? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, BillG

Mark Svara
85

The cold air intake will not give you a 10HP boost neither will a chip reprogram give you 50+HP. A more realistic figure is 2HP from CAI and together with the CAI 10HP on the Exhaust so really a 10HP boost with both the CAI and Exhaust together. A chip will only change timing which will allow you to use racing fuel 100+ octane but you will only achieve a small amount of HP. To go from 290 to 350 you need boost or the less expensive nitrous option. A 100HP Shot, dry kit should do the trick. Another option would be to do a lightening the load trick. Remove the insides of the M35 that you don't need LOL.