2008 frontier air compressor vibration

Shawn Brock
10

Asked by Shawn Jul 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM about the 2008 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab

I bought a 2008 frontier crew cab and I have started feeling a vibration in the ac compressor when at idle does anyone know what that is

judge_roy

does it disappear when the A/C is switched off?

judge_roy

if NO, am going to suggest that an idler pulley is worn and the belt and idler should be replaced~

judge_roy

if YES, going to have to examine the A/C compressor for faults in operation and replace~

Shawn Brock
10

Not sure I will check and let you know thanks

Shawn Brock
10

It is not as bad when the ac is off you can feel it some not much seems worse when the ac is on and the fan comes on?

judge_roy

Inspect your idler for wear and available force for keepin' your belt happy...could be worn out and would start tracking to the outside from wear...the new kit will have belt and idlers in it~

Best Answer
judge_roy

thanks....I'm like the buddha these days...cannot imagine doin' the work myself...have three mechanic's boxes (some MAC) tools but having MS, those doctors and me wife say "you cannot work" and so they sit...and so do I...thank you for your consideration~

judge_roy

sadly they are not "in a kit" unless you want to do the waterpump too---- here's an idea of what you may expect to pay for these items~