08 Silverado w/ check engine light on

dtaylor
25

Asked by dtaylor Jul 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM about the 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab

I have a 08 Silverado 4.8L. The check engine light came on. I took it to Auto Zone. They said cylinder #4 is misfiring. Probable cause is faulty spark plug, wire or core. I have all the items replaced, and the light came back on and Im getting the same code after replacing everything new. Does anyone out there know what the problem may be. The truck only has 78K on it and runs like a top, but I hate seeing that light on.

papa

unhook your battery,eather side for about 10 minutes,it will clear the code from computer and light will go out.

Tom Torres
1,425

is it a dead miss?

dtaylor
25

Ill give it a try. I had Auto Zone clear the code with the computer, and it stayed off for a day, then came back on.

fdaniel
10

I DONT HAVE THE ANSWER BUT MY TRUCK IS DOING THE SAME THING, BUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AND THEN THE CONSOLE READ A/C OFF ENGINE HOT BUT MY ENGINE IS NOT HOT. NOW MY AC WILL NOT COME ON

Jean Smit
345

take it to a dealership and have them check the engine if the 4th cylinder is missing there may be a problem with the engine if it's under 100k they should replace it for you they did on my cobalt at 76k

Dan Malloy
575

does it sound rough when it runs that would confirm a missfire as a probability it could be causted by a mistiming

Matthew Newman
75

sounds like a coil pack for # 4.

Kevin Robinson
855

most common problem is bad lifter for missfire , you also hear slight noise , yes as jean stated the warrenty is 5years 100k so dealer can warrenty that

mattsgotagun2
0

fdaniels< i had the same thing happen to mine it turned out the thurmostate was bad, powertrain covered it.

hogger
10

I drive 100 miles per day. My 4.8 dropped cylinder 4 at 116000 miles. Ran great with a little rough idle once in a while. Dealer serviced regularly.