Car is heating some times

imranmobin
0

Asked by imranmobin Jul 09, 2013 at 09:04 AM about the 2009 Toyota Corolla S

Two month back i just change the new radiator due to heating issue.
so now one week before i also replaced the thermostat, but the problem is still there. but the car is not heating continously, its doing some time or not.
kinldy need the advice

DavidH25

A 2009 is far too soon to have overheating issues, especially on a Corolla. What I would do is change the coolant temperature sensor. Do the fans kick on? And do you live in a very hot climate?

DavidH25

Follow the upper radiator hose and the sending unit is on the opposite side of the engine from the serpentine belt, right by the big hose and is either gray or black and looks like this. It does not look like this on your this (when unscrewed out)

DavidH25

I just keep going back in my mind. I have a 2006 Corolla, and they are not known to have over heating issues. On the contrary, I have let my car idle for up to 1/2 hour, or longer, with A/C on full blast on a 95 degree day and it never got past mid point on gauge. I know that sounds nuts to do that, but I have to leave the wife in the car, she can't walk so if she happens to be with me I have no worries about letting it run while I shop. It's easier than unloading the wheelchair. My point being it is a very good system.