My 2009 Toyota corolla shakes for a few seconds after I brake, only shakes once i come to a complete stop. Can you tell me if this is something minor, or do I need to get it looked at?

neethie
0

Asked by neethie Jan 23, 2013 at 06:47 PM about the 2009 Toyota Corolla S

DavidH25

Get it looked at. a 'shake' as in while you are at a stoplight or something, because you say it 'shakes once you come to a complete stop. If you have a service agreement or drive train warranty from Toyota go ahead to the dealer, but don't pay them anything if they want money to diagnose, you can have the OBD codes read at a chain auto parts store...write them down and bring them back they may try to sell you something you don't need.myself or somebody will be happy to help if you do that. Any shake is not normal and need to be diagnosed

neethie
0

Ok thank you, yes i do have a warranty, I'll take it to Toyota this weekend. Do you think it's something that will mess up my car? 

DavidH25

I wouldn't be afraid to drive it to the dealer, as long as we are not talking a hundred miles...I am thinking a misfire in the engine causing a vibration, or 'shake'..don't panic but don't put it off for weeks either...it will only cause more damage if you drive it a lot, and maybe not even then, but no good can come from procrastinating

DavidH25

But I just thought...the service dep't at the dealer I go to is not open weekends, hopefully yours is

Rad Israk
25

i think the engine might need to be tuned a bit. may be the rev or the rate of acceleration is a bit TOO LOW, so when you let go the gas paddle or the engine comes to the stand-by rev; it shakes and will stall/halt eventually if significantly low. best to consult a mechanic or an expert.