Fuel filter

Artur
25

Asked by Artur Mar 01, 2013 at 09:00 AM about the 2009 Toyota Corolla LE

My car is Toyota corolla 2009 LE 1.8

I have been driving 19000 miles, and never changed the fuel filter.  So maybe it’s time to change it?

45,705

Yes, time to change it. Check out your belt and maybe a new air filter while you're doing maintenance things.

Artur
25

Thanks for the answer. Should I replace exactly with the same fuel filter, that is now of the car? or just any one that will fit the corolla? The air filter is changed.

45,705

The parts store can advise on how many filters fit your car. Check out RockAuto.com - they usually have a wide selection. Find a fuel filter replace video before you crawl under he car. Some filters use a special tool to disconnect one end and chances are pretty good that your filter is not going to come off easy.

DavidH25

The 1.8L Corolla has a timing chain no belt...IF that is what you meant by "belt" tenspeed...... I have the 1.8L in my Corolla..if you were talking about timing belt

Artur
25

2009 corolla has engine “rubber belt”

You think this is helpful.
Artur
25

by out side

DavidH25

Oh, OK. I thought he meant timing belt, tenspeed knows what he is talking about I did not mean to disagree or dispute him Arthur. The serpentine belt for the alternator etc. he is correct, as usual. It should be inspected, you may want to consider changing the cabin air filter also

DavidH25

Open the hood and look on the driver's side to find the fuel filter. It is a somewhat small canister attached to the fuel line. http://www.ehow.com/how_4484610_replace-fuel-filter-toyota-corolla.html#ixzz2MU6n6ZZY

45,705

Thanks David and good morning - I was referring to the serpentine belt. I've never owned a engine with a timing belt so I don't think about them as much as I should. I figured the OP ignored a few maintenance details to get to 190K miles on the same fuel filter. It might be a good time to pick up an air filter, belt and spark plugs.

DavidH25

Good morning back at ya. When you said 'belt' that just came to mind, but an '09 T/B should be ok unless Arthur has racked up unusually high mileage. like in the 80..100K range...almost 4 years is not unheard of to do that

DavidH25

Wait hold on..I was not paying attention...is is 19,000 or 190,000?

Artur
25

19000 :))