broken timing belt,how much are the repairs?

aroig21
0

Asked by aroig21 Mar 04, 2013 at 08:44 AM about the 2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport

2008 Mazda cx7,timing belt fell.

49,635

Can't estimate with out knowing how much damage was done. On some cars with interference engines, the valves bend and a replacement head is needed. On some cars, the pistons are damaged and a replacement motor is installed. --- A used motor should be around $1250-$2000 installed. It could be more - that is a real rough number. --- Assess the damage and get real estimates from your local shops

DavidH25

The 2008 Mazda CX 7 Sport has a 4 cylinder 2.3L engine that has a timing chain. it's a Ford Duratec L3-VE or L3-DE...what happened exactly that made you think it broke? Are you confusing it with the serpentine drive belt?

DavidH25

And if so, if you do it yourself, inexpensive