XC 90 shudder

KyBec
0

Asked by KyBec Sep 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM about the 2008 Volvo XC90 3.2

I have a 2008 Volvo xc90.  A few months ago I took my volvo in for an oil change locally (dealership is about 100 miles away). They told me I had a transmission leak.  I panicked and immediately took it to a reputable transmission mechanic (also local).  He immediately found the cause.  The transmission exhaust valve had been pinched off between the drip pan and bottom of car.  Built up pressure and caused leak.  He recommended running a stop leak fluid to seal all valves.  I agreed to let him.  Drove off the lot and the same day noticed a shudder upon acceleration.  Took it back, he added a shudder fluid.  Helped for about 3 days it came back.  He eventually drained the transmission completely and added new transmission fluid.  The shudder was gone for about 3 weeks.  It is now back and getting worse.  Is it the transmission?  I've had some say the torque converter? Haven't taken it to dealership yet.

68,065

Sometimes worn transmission or engine mounts will contribute to a misshift due to the drivetrain moving around. But if it wasn't there for a couple days and appreared, it very well might be the trans itself. What does your local mechanic have to say is the next step?