Recurring Problems

snickers
0

Asked by snickers Feb 09, 2009 at 01:16 PM about the 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

I'm considering purchasing a used 2008 Accord EX-L V6.  Are there any chronic maintenance issues that anyone can share?

Logan Saunders
1,060

In general, all HONDA products are very reliable and maintenance intervals are quite reasonable. I suggest that you go to consumer reports car issue, (it may even be available on their website?) look up Honda Accord and it will give you the reliability over the past several model years. These reports are based upon input from actual end users and VERY ACCURATE! For example; I had a 1990 Ford Taurus SHO that was a good car. I looked it up under the reliability pages. There were numerous items that affected my car. BUT! at the time, they were non issues. During the four year ownership of the car, each issue pointed out did come to pass. You can buy a Honda with confidence as long as it's been maintained and is accident free. Br sure to run CARFAX on it and have a trusted mechanic check it out first. Do those things and you'll avoid unpleasant GREMLINS!

Stephen Long
25

All the 2008s to 2010s, I believe, have a minor issue with the brakes. The onboard software puts extra weight on the rear brakes to prevent nose dip, but the rear brakes are not thicker than previous years, so they tend to wear more quickly. The only other issue I've seen is a rattle in the rear of the car resulting from a missing or faulty clip, but that's easily fixed, too.