MY TRAILBLAZER HAS A TICKING NOISE COMING FROM THE ENGINE

ricster55
0

Asked by ricster55 Aug 03, 2012 at 11:33 AM about the 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT1 4WD

13,075

If it follows engine speed it's probably a valve tap. This happens when you get wear in the valve train. Usually from a partially collapsed hydraulic lifter. Actually it's nothing to worry about. Just an annoyance. HTH. -Jim

dynasg2009
865

You could try to put a small can of marvel mystery oil in your engine oil and run it for a complete oil change cycle. Should the hydraulic lifter be getting clogged up, this will slowly dissolve the carbon build up and restore it to full functionality. I would not advise just driving it till it breaks, it could cause engine damage. The marvel mystery oil can be purchased at any local parts store for around 3 to 4 bucks. This wonderful product will also clean your fuel system. Lucas brand also offers oil and fuel system treatments but I have use marval mystery oil for years.