how smooth is the dodge caliber 2008

tobakko
0

Asked by tobakko Apr 06, 2013 at 05:32 AM about the 2008 Dodge Caliber SXT

mrmoony
1,920

I test drove one of those, I believe it had variable valve timing, and variable transmission. The only two things that I remember that I didn't like about it was bad visibility and you had to tuck your feet to get in and out of the car. Other than that I liked it, it was a pretty peppy little car. Maybe somebody else will post that knows more about the mechanical weaknesses, if there is any.

DavidH25

From Edmunds: Pros Versatile interior, available all-wheel drive, wide range of engine choices. Cons Sluggish acceleration from CVT-equipped models, low-quality interior materials, unimpressive build quality, several important safety features are optional rather than standard.

DavidH25

http://www.thecarconnection.com/overview/dodge_caliber_2008

judge_roy

yes...cvt's are sluggish--confirmed.

reverend1735
625

I have an 08 and just bought a 2010. I loved my 08 so much i couldn't help it when a 2010 came on the lot for 9000 i had to get it. AWD on some models, Variable Transmission. Pros: Good gas mileage, LOADS of cargo room, lots of head room. ride extremely smooth. Cons: The visability out the back is not as good as other cars.. However, that's what they make side mirrors for, CVT's as well as SXT's are a bit sluggish on power. There is a common problem I have found that sometimes you can start the car but it won't let you shift out of park or anything. On the passenger side of the center console there is a plastic button on the trim piece, if you pot that out you'd see a reset switch, if you hit it that should fix the issue. If not then it's more than likely a bad switch. Those are the ONLY problems that I seem to have noticed with them