purchasing Q7 2008 4.2 V8

Osman Taha
0

Asked by Osman May 12, 2014 at 08:20 AM about the 2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Quattro Premium

i need expert advice about this care  and about price it done 260 kilometer . service done
regularly at the the agency ... no apparent problem ? i waiting to hear from you

Osman Taha
0

sorry 260,000 kilometer

Osman Taha
0

im worried about high kilometer done by the care . i dont know its good choice or risky ?

jamnblues
8,765

Very Risky- Audis are notorious for having stratospheric repair bills- I would not own one if it was the last car on earth-

Osman Taha
0

thanks for your replay . can you more for me to understand becoz my expeience is very low >

Will Perdue
155

Audis are not any different from BMWs as it relates to repairs. I have owned 3 Audis (A6, A8 and Q7). The Q7 drives great and never gave me any major issues. I have also owned a Mercedes E Class (no problem but no fun), Lexus GS300 (No fun but absolutely no problems) and a couple BMWs (M3 and 545i). I now drive an Audi A8 and love every minute. No matter the car you will have maintenance and problems if you owned it long enough but the Audi Q7 is a solid vehicle.

jamnblues
8,765

Owning an automobile for a short period of time will not give you any experience with one that is older and starting to wear out- all 21st century cars can NOT be rebuilt/restored and are not meant to be- they are consumer products and are meant to be discarded when used up- do you think any Audi Q7s will be around 40 years from now? c'mon- restoring one of these things means replacing THOUSANDS of parts- just the electronic system is prohibitive, with all the wires, sensors, computers, etc. even if someone tried to completely rehabilitate one, what do you have when you're finished after spending tens of thousands of dollars on the incredibly expensive parts? An Audi- as to your question, Osman- I have seen a Q7 in a mechanic's stall with the engine completely disassembled- the front end of the car removed to get the engine out- thousands of parts, sensors, wires, body parts, like they had exploded all over the floor- no owner is going to pay for that mess- it was an insurance job- of course- no wonder our insurance rates are so high- too many Audis being covered- and I would take a BMW over an Audi any day- they perform better, they feel better and they are designed better-