Trailer Brake Control

08sdf450
0

Asked by 08sdf450 Aug 23, 2011 at 08:44 PM about the 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab 4WD

I have A 2008 SDF-450 with factory installed brake controller that doesn't work with trailers that have  electric over hydraulic brakes! The 2011 model of the same now claims to work with most mfg of the above brakes. The question is are the two brake controllers interchangeable and if so any part numbers and what might this swap entail?

papa

it may be,unbolt it unplug it,see if it will plug into a 11 modle,if it does mount it and give it a try.yours may be fine,its the trailor brakes that cause most of this problem.