My "Check Engine", (S), and "Cruise Control" lights are blinking in my 2008 Subaru

Sean McCaffrey
0

Asked by Sean Apr 02, 2013 at 12:28 PM about the 2008 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L. Bean Edition

Dear Car Guru team- my 2008 Subaru outback yesterday had its "Check Engine" light go on steadily, and the "S" Drive and "Cruise Control" lights are blinking.  The vehicle passed it's state emissions test last month- any thoughts on what is wrong?

17,495

have the codes checked and see what turned the light on.

59,235

X2 - get the codes read. Write down the trouble code number and post it.

Bob Bowlby
155

The cruise control is always disabled and will blink when the "check engine" light is on. All 2008-09 Outback/Legacy/Foresters are recalled for a faulty cat converter. You should have gotten a notice in the mail. The dealer will replace it for free. That is most likely why the light is on.

Russ Clemens
20

My mechanic ran a smoke test through the vacuum system and found a small hose had pulled loose...probably from ice build up. Problem solved for about $80 and it was worth it to me.