Mitsubishi Eclipse 08 GT V6 terrible grinding squealing noise.

Matthew Bernier
0

Asked by Matthew Mar 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM about the 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

My car is making a loud metal on metal squeal/grind at random times. It is coming directly between the
front left and right drive shaft, and it happens randomly. I know it is not a belt, because it only happens
when my front wheels are turning (car off still does it).

judge_roy

ooof- sounds like a wheel bearing...jack up that wheel and spin it 'round, pull and push it, see if there is a lot of play in that wheel~

judge_roy

how did you pinpoint "between front left and drive shaft" you are describing an inside universal joint where it is the outside joint that is usually the problematic one...inspect your constant velocity joint boots with a phillips screwdriver, see if it's open and lettin' grease out~

Matthew Bernier
0

It is in the direct center of my drive shaft. (I jacked my car up, and had someone spin the wheels and it was coming from the dead center)

judge_roy

there ain't nuthin' there. has to be the CV joint either/neither/and-or both...have you checked the integrity of the boots to see if the sulpher grease is still in there?

Matthew Bernier
0

Not yet, I didn't see any leaks, or cracks in them though.

judge_roy

listen for scraping sounds on your wheelbearings...hopefully with a mechanic's stethascope? and try to check abnormal play in them?

De EnMiami
0

somethimes happens with me, no mechanic help me, sometimes with car stoped, im thinking about AC or brake diafragm

De EnMiami
0

i have an a 2008 gs

Daniel Foster
2,635

De start your own thread bro,, ill help ya man ,,, but jacking a dead thread isn't the way to go about it