At 80 mph, my Chevrolet Impala begins to shut down

GuruGary
10

Asked by GuruGary Jan 23, 2013 at 06:06 PM about the 2008 Chevrolet Impala LS

My 2008 Chevrolet Impala, once you reach speedds of 80 mph on the interstate, begins to surge.  I cannot begin to tell you allthe problems I have had with this car: Fuel system, electronics, body hardwarre, cooling system, water pump, front rotors, etc.  I would NEVER buy another one of these cars!

joef
2,985

Your car hates you. That is the problem... Just joking! I am so sorry to hear that you are having all these problems with your car. It can be a real hindrance for a working man. What begins to surge and what begins to shut down? Electronic accessories, instruments, engine? It could be a power distribution problem but I need to know more symptoms. Please try to explain exactly what happens in full detail.

45,745

I would start with a new fuel filter.

GMCustomerService
1,345

Hello GuruGary, I apologize for what you're experiencing with your Impala. If you would like for me research your VIN to see if you have any recalls or special coverages related to what you're experiencing, I would be glad to. If so, please private message me the last 8-digits of your VIN, first and last name, and current mileage. Hopefully you get these issues resolved quickly. Vanessa GM Customer Service

VetteLuvr
5

The fuel filter is not replaceable on these cars. It is part of the fuel pump in the gas tank. The only way to replace it is to drop the fuel tank and replace the fuel pump.