How is this model compared to other Saabs?

Omly
125

Asked by Omly Jun 04, 2012 at 09:48 PM about the 2006 Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T

Hi! I am very interested in buying a 2006 Saab 9.3 SportCombi (2.0T, 5spd auto). I am in love with the style of this car - so unique! I just love it. But I have heard from a few trusted friends who say "DON'T BUY A SAAB" -- with a BIG period at the end. My dad told me his friend has tons of problems with them but that was a long time ago. I am just torn. Also looking at Audi A4 avant or all road, but who's to say they won't have similar electrical problems??

So, I guess what I am asking is: (to all you wonderful car gurus, fanatics, and knowledgeable people when it comes to cars - is it a good idea to buy a Saab, especially a 2006 9.3 Sport Combi? You see my hesitation comes from the fact that my beloved Subaru, which is now totaled, had not one single problem in all the 60,000 miles that I drove it and I am frightful that I will have a problem with any other car I buy (like I just got lucky with my Subie). I would/could just buy another Subie, but I wanted to extend into some other cars - Subies are not the most comfortable cars - they are very basic in their features, etc (even in my LL Bean Edition, which is like the fanciest of editions).

Does anyone have experience with this model and/or with older models... I have read a lot of great reviews but am still nervous about moving to the Saab - or any European car for that matter. Maybe I just need some counseling or something... :)

Thanks for your help and info. I really appreciate it and hope you guys will have some insight for me. I have yet to find reviews just from the last year or so which I would love - to see how this car holds up at 78K! Thanks :)

Nathaniel Mulder
245

I own a 01 9-3, sp I can't speak to the 06, but mine is at with about 205K and still going strong. I haven't had much trouble with it at all. The only thing I would recommend is before you by one, just in case make sure you find mechanic that has some experience with them. Though not because they break down but just in case, as not everybody is familiar with them. Up here in Calgary Rayburn Motors is excellent. I'd by another Saab again in a heartbeat, no complaints, love the spunky little turbo, and the key in the centre by the gearshift. Anyway that's my two cent, hope it helps.