Trailer brakes wireing

Tireman9
35

Asked by Tireman9 Feb 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet Express LS3500

My Express is the chassis for a Coachmen RV. I have the large 7 wire trailer plug at the rear to am "trailer ready". Is there a socket to connect electric brake control up under the dash? If so what does it look like

mls4deals
555

HI...Yes there is ...IF you already have a brake controller installed. IF so it should be installed to the left of the steering wheel under the dash and will have a handle for adjustment usually about 1 to 3" long but not obtrusive. IF you do not have htis already then you need to install a brake controller so that you may safely tow and apply your brakes in the trailer when you apply them inside your vehicle simultaneously. Sincerely, Martin

Tireman9
35

I do not have a controller. I know I will need one. My question is what does the wire harness socket that the controller would plug into look like.?