window problems

Stephen Cw
20

Asked by Stephen Jun 15, 2011 at 06:40 PM about the 2008 Ford Taurus Limited

RT SIDE FRONT WINDOW NOT WORKING. HAD LOCAL MECHANIC REPLACE
DRIVERSIDE MASTER SWITCH STILL DOESN'T WORK. I SWITCHED OUT FRT AND REAR  
SWITCHES NO HELP. MECHANIC VERIFIED MOTOR AND REGULATOR ARE OKAY.WHAT
SHOULD I TRY NEXT?

ChcagoRAND
105

Man I feel for you. But you should of bought your car into FORD. They have the same flat rate per hour as others, Now you have to go to FORD to actually get it fixed. And they don't charge unless it's FIXED. TAKE CARE LIVE LONG

brainwave74
155

check the acordian tube in the door jam, with all the bending from the door opening and closing look for a broken wire. hope this helps good luck.

Stephen Cw
20

THEY WANT 80 BUCKS TO CHECK IT OUT AND THEN HOW MUCH MORE TO FIX IT? SO FAR IT HASN'T COST ME ANYTHING

Stephen Cw
20

WILL CHECK THANKS FOR THE IDEA

ChcagoRAND
105

dat sux! I never was treated that way at my FORD dealership. They should of been more open to you about the possiblities and costs to you, before letting you go or getting off the phone. Either way, That sounds like a bad service writer to me. I am going to call up Arlington Heights FORD monday and summit the same question. I own a 2005 FORD Taurus and could well have the same problem some day. RAND

Stephen Cw
20

YEA IT WAS A YOUNGSTER NOT VERY EXPEREINCED AT SERVICE...i WOULDN'T MIND PAYING THE 80 BUCKS IF THEY WOULD TAKE IT OFF THE TOTAL COST OF THE REPAIR BUT HE SAID THAT WAS THEIR DIAGNOSTIC CHARGE SO I WENT TO A LOCAL GARAGE WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL .THEY THINK IT'S A SHORT BUT REALLY CAN'T DO ANY MORE THAN WHAT THEY TRIED ALREADY.

ChcagoRAND
105

Thinking your still better off at FORD, You might spend a tons time going nowhere on this, oh oh there is relays in that system too! I think you need someone that has a Taurus electrical schemic and VOM and knows what their doing to work on it. Damm I hope you don't a have the power window lock down on it! ok ok ok just being funny. ENJOY YOUR SUNDAY

Mike Macke
35

Try pukking door panel off and tapping the window motor wit a hammer that worked for me

Mike Macke
35

*pulling

bigjoplin
90

2001 Ford Taurus power window problemI have a 2001 Ford Taurus XL and the drivers side window wont budge, when i press the up&down botton nothing happends,i`m glad it happend when the window was shut ;) very cold winters here in Canada eh! only thing i hear when pressing the control is a click noise under the dash near the fuse box there`s 3 small grey square electronic box , all other window`s are working great from the drivers side control no problem ,i dont want to start pulling out fuses and crash the Computer cause if its window Xp installed i`m screwed lol..serious note, i do need to get this fix without the garage`s guessing $$game$$ .. any help would be a BONUS!