tapping in engine after changing my alternator

mightmouse
0

Asked by mightmouse Apr 01, 2013 at 11:41 PM about the 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD

my dodge ram has 56,000 miles on it. it was running fine and one day the alternator just went so i changed it, well that one was bad too only lasted 3 weeks and the truck just shut down getting off a exit. i pulled the alternator and had it checked and it failed so they gave me a new one i had it checked first this time and it passed. so i went to my truck where it broke down and put the new alternator on. and when i started the truck it sounds like it is tapping in the engine and after 2 or 3 min. of the truck running the oil pressure dropped to 0 and truck shuts down. i always change my oil every 4 to 6 thousand miles, what could have caused all of this just from the alternator going bad.

49,745

I don't think your bad alternator had anything to do with your engine turning it self into a boat anchor.