engine shut off

icfresh46
5

Asked by icfresh46 Aug 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM about the 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

my engine shut off while i was at the stop light.
it almost did the same while i was on the freeway and then the power kicked back in. what could be the issue......now the service engine soon light is on so is the slip and vdc light as well.
please respond im new here. i also just ordered new dash kit to cure the climate control issues

ndpndntqwen
50

I have a 2006 G35 Sedan and the same thing happened to me. I called Infinity and they said it sounds like the Idol Control Speed something. I was looking for an answer for the same problem... The service soon engine light stays on but the slip and vdc lights only come on after the car shuts its self off.

prowlerman2695
115

Hey, Hopefully this can help you out. Before you go dumping a lot of money into the car, take the hose off from your air filter to your throttle body, look at the throttle body and see if it is clean. If it is not take the throttle body off and get some brake cleaner or something along those lines and clean it up. Also, along with that, i would change your fuel filter as well to make sure your fuel lines are clogged. In all this should cost less than $40, or less depending on what a new fuel filter cost. Some times serious problems can be fixed pretty cheap and easy.

Johni Silva
50

My engine shut off