What is the cause of having abs & tcs lights come on after driving 30 miles on highway

Natverlal
0

Asked by Natverlal Aug 10, 2013 at 09:39 PM about the 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2.7L AWD

After driving about 30 miles on highway my haundai Santa Fe 2005 showing ABS & TCS
Sign & also when I push brake pedal at high speed it make grinding noise.so what could
be the problem.

judge_roy

have your wheels inspected by a brake guy...they will find somethin' scrapin' that~

Natverlal
0

What you mean by scrapin

Jamie Penry
35

Possible wheel hub assembly and/or rotors and/or brake pads

Racer_X
16,125

You should get your SUV looked at ASAP. If the ABS and TCS lights continue to stay on after starting it up, you may need to have servicing done for both systems (ABS and TCS)....I had an issue with my Mitsubishi Outlander SUV with the TCS light staying on constantly...replacement of a TCS module in engine (covered under warranty) was all that was necessary. However, you've also got a problem with grinding noise while braking, so I'd suggest getting the brake pads inspected, just to play it safe...hopefully, no issue with the rotors. Good Luck!

judge_roy

strange as this sounds a rock can get into the caliper and or vented rotors splash shield....the wear strips can start indicating that it's time for a brake job--contaminants can start scrapin'~