What do you think

Pt03
0

Asked by Pt03 Feb 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM about the 2003 Lincoln LS V8 Premium Sport

Is this chain of events possible?: I have a 03 Ls v8, the issue is valve cover o rings seeped
oil into multiple spark plugs. Could this by fouling out 3 plugs, then cause thier coil packs to
burn out also allowing the in burned fuel to get into the cats burning them out?

Travis Persall
35

yes that happened to my girlfriends 01 ls v8. the rubber o-rings corrode and let oil pass into the chamber, fouling the coil, in turn fouling the plug, then causing unburned raw fuel to be dumped into the cat causing it to fail. hers lost coil packs, 2 plugs on the passenger side, and the passenger side cat. ended up selling the car because its so expensive to work on. its a never ending battle with the 3.9l v8

Pt03
0

Well Travis, thanks a lot.. I figured as much just hadn't seen it b4. My motor is a reman dealer installed p.o.s! And it is under warranty but of course they are denying the claim.. I will continue the battle with this conformation.. Thanks