I'd like to thank larry quigly for the gas advice and silveysales also. You guys helped me so much. Now I have another question for you guys if you can help. I just had the dealership do a tune up. I.E., spark plugs and coils. Now prior to the tune up, the car had NGK spark plugs and coils before it burnt out. I noticed good if not great gas mileage when those were in. Now the dealership changed the spark plugs and coils. They installed bosch platinums. Don't konw if they're the regular platinums or platinum plus. Should I continue to leave it with bosch platinums? or should I switch out the bosch for NGKs? please advise. I love my Lincoln LS and want to get the best gas mileage out of this V8 monster.

fgarcia1971
0

Asked by fgarcia1971 May 30, 2012 at 04:00 AM about the 2005 Lincoln LS V8 Ultimate

I like the bosch platinums but for some reason they don't last long.  they didn't last long on my eclipse and im questioning it if I should have these bosch spark plugs removed to place NGK's in them.

silveysales
75

I worked at a DODGE/CHRYSLER dealership for eight years and could not tell you at the people that came in with complaints like nunning rough, bad gas mileage, check engine light coming on, turns out most just had a tune up done and added bosch spark plugs, the thing is most people simple don't know you can only run champion spark plugs in CHRYSLE/DODGE . Same with FORD/LINCOLN stay with NGK spark plugs. Thanks Mark.