I have a Porche Cayenne s 2008. In the morning my truck starts with no problem. After I drive for a while and park and try to start again it does not want to start. If I let it sit for a while it will

Timothy Green
10

Asked by Timothy Oct 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM about the 2008 Porsche Cayenne S

It seems that it does not want to start when
hot. I changed batterie,spark plugs. And
cleaned fuel injection

Timothy Green
10

What can be done

judge_roy

sounds like a condition called "vapor lock" where the gasoline boils and when it gets to the business end of things is a vapor and does not do the job~ there are insulation kits if you can spot where this may be occurring~

judge_roy

http://www.amazon.com/s/? ie=UTF8&keywords=fuel+line+insulation&tag=googhydr- 20&index=aps&hvadid=24984234031&hvpos=1t3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvra nd=14557161201540519936&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=p d_sl_74ptvyun7v_b

judge_roy

see if you can spot where the fuel line comes close to the manifold/exhaust system...use a lazer thermo-spot gun (they are about 14 bucks [and kitties are crazy about 'em] just search on this and you'll find many choices...these are useful for pointin' at a radiator to find the hot spots...to find thermal leakages...use mine every day~

judge_roy

the engine will turn over? wrawwrawwraw? or click and thud? you know the starter motor is sensitive to heat too...if nuthin' at all would check the startermotor~

PorscheJim
245

I had an older Porsche that did the same thing. I finally traced it to the plastic "intake housing" from the air filter to the engine. There are sensors inside this to measure your airflow. My intake chamber housing had a tiny crack in it. "False air" was getting sucked into this crack and it would throw off the sensor readings. Your model being a 2008 could have this problem as it it now 5 years old. The plastic might be cracked on the underside close to the heat from the engine and you can't see the crack without removing this piece. My car would start great and run to get me where I was going, but as soon as the engine would warm up the car would not start again until it cooled off.

Best Answer
jcozmo
0

I have a 2008 porsche cayenne s and it is doing exactly the same thing. Has anybody found a solution?

PorscheJim
245

Check your fit of all the parts from air intake to filter box to plenum at the fuel injection throttle body. It sounds like a sensor is getting readings of "false air" from an air leak. I had this same problem on a Porsche many years ago. I finally found a small crack under (not visible from above) the plastic air tube going into the filter box.