Starting

daxt
0

Asked by daxt Nov 05, 2009 at 06:19 PM about the 2002 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD

My 02 yukon has issues starting, replaced the fuel pump twice, fuel filter, regulator.  Took it to GMC and they said it was the fuel sending assembley located in the fuel pump...that is when I replaced it for the 2nd time.  They said it was not the injectors?  Anyone had this problem?  the fuel pressure just drops off as soon as I turn it off.

Mike Bonnell
7,665

Well sounds like someone is screwing something up or defective parts. Fuel pressure should hold for 5-10 minutes after key is shut off. When key is turned on it should prime for 3 seconds and pressure should be back to Normal to make it start easier.When started the pressure should drop 3 to 4 pounds when the regulator kicks in. Pressure should be around 55-62 and be on the lower side of this figure when running. You never stated what the starting issue was ???