I have a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. I was just driving and all of the sudden my wipers came on (they are in the off position). I noticed that sometimes turning the steering wheel makes them go faster. I checked the fuse and its fine. What should I do to correct the problem?

bossnae
0

Asked by bossnae Feb 20, 2013 at 06:22 PM about the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium

judge_roy

...well what I would do, as a mechanic with a full shop at my disposal would be to Blast the area with a small pin stream of air and hopefully dislodge whatever is causing this. For all we know a metallic hershey's kisses wrapper got blowed up in there....something as silly as this.

14,205

The wiper switch could have a short in it. There is a connector near the cowl panel for the wiper motor that is prone to getting moisture in it could be causing a short. you should check the wiring and connections.

Mark Langolf
335

agree with kbro. all merc GM use a similar relay connector inside the coloum that over time either gets wore out or frayed. maybe as simple as a quick run to autozone for a replacement or at worse a visit to your local Ford dealer if not mechanically incline. but worth the hassle to get them running correctly again. Also check to make sure if equipped with the multi level pulse switch its not sticking inbetween two timing settings. there known to do that as well.

judge_roy

fistfull of coins plays hell on the fusebox...especially the pennies.