Can I use Preston antifreeze in my 2006 Volts Wagon Bug instead of the VW brand?

sgelbaugh
0

Asked by sgelbaugh Mar 06, 2014 at 06:33 PM about the 2006 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L PZEV Convertible

Scott Sr.
3,045

Everything I've read in VW forums shows that it's very hard to determine if the Prestone extended life coolants are tested to the exacting standards of the VAG engineering. That being said, there are cheaper sources than the dealer for the G12 juice. Check this thread from the TDICLUB forum. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=98055

Scott Sr.
3,045

Apparently, Dexcool can erode some plastics.